Biometric Access Control – Fingerprint
Egress Systems offers two sophisticated biometric access control solutions using a range of fingerprint terminals.
- Stand alone Fingerprint Access Control
- Integrated Fingerprint Access Control with Time & Attendance
Five fingerprint terminals are available:
Fingerprint Access Control OnlyA stand-alone fingerprint access control system (without Time & Attendance functionality) can be provided using the BioStar software. If only simple access rules are required then they can be configured directly at the Biolite Net, Biostation and T2 terminals without the need for the Biolite software.
Biostar Access Control SoftwareA copy of Biostar Lite is issued with each new BioEntry, Biolite Net, Biostation or T2 terminal. As well as being a useful tool to change various settings within each terminal, it is also a fully functional access control software application. Biostar can either be used to support the Focus Time & Attendance software by providing a means of configuring Access Rules / Groups that are applied to employees managed by Focus OR can be used as a self-contained Access Control system where employees are managed within the Biostar software itself. Individual Doors can be defined and then applied to Access Groups. In the example below we are about to add the “Back Door” to the IT Dept access group. Timezones can be created to determine when an employee belonging to a specific Access Group can access each door. Even “Factory Shutdown” periods can be defined where members of specific access groups may have reduced access privileges during the shutdown period.
Integrate Fingerprint Access Control and Time & AttendanceAn integrated fingerprint access control and time & attendance solution is achieved with a combination of the Focus Pro / Enterprise software and BioStar. The typical process of setting up a new employee for access control is summarised below:
- An employee is enrolled at a Biolite Net, Biostation or T2 terminal. The enrolled biometric templates are then read by the Focus software, saved to the database and then associated with the corresponding employee within Focus.
- Included as part of an employee’s details is their Access Group. Access Groups in Focus correspond with the Access Groups defined by Biostar (or as configured within the terminal itself).
- When the employee’s biometric template is propagated (transferred) to the specified fingerprint terminals, the Access Group is included.