Integrated Proximity Access Control
Proximity access control functionality can be integrated with your Focus Time & Attendance system (Pro or Enterprise editions) using the HRX5000 proximity clocking terminals or HRX Access Control Unit. Use Focus to control access groups for specific doors according to day and time schedules and configure door release times etc.
Each HRX5000 terminal includes functionality to provide access control of up to two doors, barriers or turnstiles. Two separate remote proximity readers can be connected and there are two separate relays available to control the power to a door lock or to trigger a barrier or turnstile.
Power is supplied to a door lock from a suitably rated power supply and the relays in the HRX5000 are used to switch the power to the lock. Press-to-exit buttons can be connected to provide a timed trigger of each relay. Also, up to two door sensors can be connected to monitor if a door has been left open over a predefined period of time.
Learn more about the successful implementation of Focus with integrated proximity access control at Toolbank by reading their case study.
"The Focus team while small are very responsive to problems and suggestions for improvements to the software. I would recommend Focus without hesitation."
Duncan Chandler, Group HR Manager - Dormole Ltd (t/a Toolbank)
Proximity Access Control - Key Features
- Designed to integrate with the Focus Time & Attendance software
- Uses reliable TCP, RS232 or RS485 communications
- Connections for up to 2 readers per terminal
- HID, Cotag, PAC, Paxton and Mifare readers all supported
- Can control up to 2 separate doors per terminal
- Inputs for Door monitoring
- Dedicated printer output for fire alarm reporting
- Scaleable; add to existing Focus systems easily