‹please click each screen for a bigger picture›
The Focus Lite
clocking out system has an intuitive MS Outlook®
style interface with:
- Clear picture buttons to navigate between core features.
- Hierarchical tree-view pane.
- Coloured tabs to move between open windows.
- Right-click functions.
- Easy controls using mouse & keyboard.
- Integrated Help facility for every page.
View & Edit Employee Clocking Data
- Edit clocking times and calculated totals.
- Book holidays and other absences.
- Record edit reasons.
- View infringements (such as late in, early out, break overrun, failure to meet target hours and forgot to clock out).
- View editing summaries (user, time & date of edit, previous value & edit reason).
- View totals in decimal or hours and minutes formats.
- Identify shift rules applied.
- View weekly totals with adjustments.
- Quick print & recalculate buttons.
- Timesheet locking facility.
Assign the Employee to a Department & Working Pattern
Employee Details - Groups
- Assign an employee to up to 5 reporting groups - these can be departments, sections, teams or any other group of employees you wish to report on.
Employee Details - Rules
- Assign each employee a working schedule and weekly rule (see below).
- Define up to 6 rate factors (multipliers or rates of pay) per employee.
- Define a gross hourly rate of pay.
Define Shift Rules
One daily rule is defined for each shift or working day, enabling the following settings to be defined.
- Define core start and finish times (to determine lateness and early out infringements).
- Define target hours and initial pay rate.
- Determine which day receives hours (useful for night shifts).
- Auto allocate facility enables the system to identify the best shift pattern to apply.
- Auto clock out facility (useful for drivers etc. who will not return to base to clock out).
Focus Lite offers two features for determining rate changes and overtime payments. The features can be used separately or
together for a sophisticated set-up.
Overtime by Time Band
- Determine pay rates according to the time of day (e.g. pay at a different rate for twilight hours and/or determine pre and post shift overtime).
- Define minimum amounts of time that must be worked before time is accrued within each time band.
Overtime by Hours Worked
- Determine pay rates according to the amount of time worked at each rate.
- Define grace periods and rounding rules for both in and out clocking's.
- Define different rounding options depending upon the time of day.
- Define up to four break bands per shift.
- Define the period of time during which a break is permitted.
- Define the maximum break length allowed.
- Determine whether the break is paid or unpaid and the associated pay rate.
- Determine a penalty deduction if the employee does not clock out for the break.
Define Working Patterns & Weekly Overtime
- Plan your shifts according to a rolling pattern of between 1 and 56 days.
- Set-up alternative shifts that may apply for each day and allow the system to select the most appropriate shift for the employee based upon their clocking times.
- Determine contractual and non-contractual working days.
- Define weekly rules to calculate overtime on a weekly basis.
- Alternatively, calculate overtime daily (using the daily rules) and clawback overtime when insufficient time has been worked at lower rates.
Define Absences Reasons
- Define an unlimited amount of customised absence / edit reasons.
- Set the default hours (can subsequently be edited).
- Assign to an absence type for reporting purposes.
- Choose to add time to calculated totals or replace time worked (can subsequently be amended).
- View absenses in calendar format.
- Display per individual.
- Show holiday taken and holiday booked.
- Print report and export to Excel.
- View availability in calendar format.
- Display per group.
- Select absense type to display.
- Print report and export to Excel.
Set-up User Access Rights
- Define an unlimited number of administrative users (only one permitted access at a time).
- Fully configure user privileges including which reports and groups they can view, which screens they can see, which data they can edit and which actions they can perform.
- Define passwords for security.
- Integrated help facility available from every page - taking you directly to the information you need.
- Find more information using the Search, Index and Contents facilities.
- Print out useful pages.