Time Clock Software enabling you to:
- Calculate Hours, Breaks and Overtime
- Integrate with many Payroll packages or export to Excel
- Schedule automatic clocking downloads up to 10 times a day
- Manage Absence and Lateness
- View Workforce Availability and Calendar
- Fire Roll Call
- Core Reporting Features
- Upgrade to Focus Pro at any time
"We have integrated the facilities of the Focus Timesheets to provide a record of all labour on our sites. Updating the labour records manually was a significant burden on busy site managers, automating the task has dramatically reduced this waste and provided irrefutable evidence of attendance."
Rod Lewis, Business Systems Manager - Lakesmere Ltd.
FeaturesFocus Lite is automated time clock software for small to medium sized businesses (SMEs). Focus Lite enables organisations to save time by tracking absence, lateness and managing payroll more efficiently. Save money by reducing the overheads of time lost. The Focus Lite software can be upgraded to Focus Pro at any time.
Click on any image to expand
Calculate Hours, Breaks, Rounding & OvertimeAllow the Focus Lite time clock software to automatically calculate the hours an employee should be paid and at which rate by configuring shift rules. Focus Lite provides a easy to use and flexible solution for calculating when somebody is eligible for basic pay and overtime and allows the user to configure grace periods, rounding rules and breaks. Timesheets can be edited to add clockings and adjust time accrued and individual user access rights can be configured to restrict or allow access to specific groups of employees or areas of the system. An audit log records all actions and events.
Integrate with Payroll or Export to ExcelSpeed up pay day by exporting hours directly out of the Focus Lite time clock software into a range of payroll software packages including: Sage Payroll Professional, Sage Micropay, Iris, Quantum, Thesaurus and Earnie. Alternatively export to MS Excel to manipulate data for your own purposes. Detail and summary payroll reports are available to allow you to manually control your payroll if required.
Manage Absence & LatenessDecide which absence reasons you wish to record, including holidays and sickness, using the absence definition facility. Pre or post-book absences on the timesheet and review those absences using the Absence and Absence Period reports. The Focus Lite time clock software automatically tracks absence where an employee was expected to work but did not clock for the day - this is highlighted on the timesheet. Track lateness using the Lateness report and other infringements such as break overrun using the Timesheets and Infringements report.
View Availability and CalendarPre-booked absences can be viewed using the Employee's Calendar or Availability screen. You can view absences for groups of employees with printable reports and export to Excel. Absence definitions are displayed in the defined colours and are selectable. Because all absences are displayed, availability for any day is easy to calculate. It is particularly useful when deciding to allow or disallow holiday as you can see the coverage for any particular day. NOTE: The Availability and Calendar screens in Focus Lite are view only. For full editable functionality you will require Focus Pro.
Schedule Clockings DownloadSchedule up to 10 times per day to download your clockings data from your clocking terminals. Alternatively you can manually download the latest clocking data when required using a easy download button. For near realtime downloads upgrade to Focus Pro. View who's currently clocked in based upon the last downloaded data using the Watch window.
Fire Roll CallGenerate a fire evacuation report to multiple pre-defined printers from a one-click button within the software or a shortcut on your desktop.
Click on any image to expand
Monitoring Lateness and Lost Time
Lateness ReportReport on the actual time of an employee's first clocking and compare to the planned shift start time. The lateness report helpfully calculates time lost on each day and the total time lost for each employee across the selected reporting period. Export the lateness report in comma separated format, fixed length format or directly to MS Excel so you can manipulate the data or build more complex reports if you want to.
Infringements ReportThe Infringements report gives the number of times an employee is late in, has left early, clocks in late after a break, clocks out early to go on a break, has a longer break than permitted (break overrun) and forgets to clock out at the end of the shift. The number of hours and minutes lost can be displayed for each type of infringement with grand totals in actual and rounded hours. A bar chart version of the report is available (as shown) which represents the infringements in a visual format - perfect for identifying the worst offenders at a glance. Export the Infringements report in comma separated format, fixed length format or directly to MS Excel.
Report on Sickness, Holidays and other Absences
Absence Period ReportThe Timesheet report shows a week's worth of clocking data for each employee selected with calculated totals at each pay rate and any manual edits applied. Recorded absences are also shown such as holiday, sickness or any absence type defined by the user (e.g. dentist appointment or maternity leave). The Timesheet report is a useful report for issuing to staff as a record of time worked or for review by supervisors and managers. Calculated totals can be shown in either hours and minutes (e.g. 08:45) or in hours and decimal (e.g. 08.75). Available in normal or condensed formats.
Absence ReportReport on the total number of days absence for sickness and normal absence types across the selected reporting period.
Identify Hours Worked at each Pay Rate
Timesheet ReportThe timesheet report shows a week's worth of clocking data for each employee selected with calculated totals at each pay rate and any manual edits applied. Recorded absences are also shown such as holiday, sickness or any absence type defined by the user (e.g. dentist appointment or maternity leave). The timesheet report is a useful report for issuing to staff as a record of time worked or for review by supervisors and managers. Calculated totals can be shown in either hours and minutes (e.g. 08:45) or in hours and decimal (e.g. 08.75). Available in normal or condensed formats.
Payroll ReportsThe payroll reports allow time worked to be reported across a range of dates or weeks making it flexible for any payroll period. The payroll summary report shows rate totals by employee for the selected date range whilst the detail payroll report shows clockings and rate totals by day for each employee for the selected date range (in a similar format to the Timesheet report). Export the summary report in comma separated or fixed length formats or export either report directly to Excel. Payroll data can also be exported directly into the format required by Sage Payroll Professional, Sage Micropay, Iris, Quantum, Thesaurus and Earnie.
Total Hours by Employee ReportsThe textual total hours report shows totals for each pay rate and combined rate totals in two sum columns across a weekly date range. Select the number of weeks you wish to report on. The total hours report is also available as a pie chart, bar chart or a combination of bar and text. Export the data in comma separated or fixed length formats or directly to Excel. The pie chart and bar charts can also be saved as picture files so you can embed them in your own reports.
Review Employee Settings and Clocking Data
Employee Detail ReportCustomise your own report using the static employee data in the database (not including clockings or totals data). Select the data columns you need in the order you want. This report is useful for checking that employees have been assigned to the correct departments, work schedule, badge number etc.
Clockings ReportsThe clockings report details all clockings for employees selected across a date range. Export the summary report in comma separated or fixed length formats.
Click on any image to expand
View & Edit Employee Clocking Data
- Edit clocking times and calculated totals.
- Book holidays and other absences.
- Record edit reasons.
- View infringements (such as late in, early out, break overrun, failure to meet target hours and forgot to clock out).
- View editing summaries (user, time & date of edit, previous value & edit reason).
- View totals in decimal or hours and minutes formats.
- Identify shift rules applied.
- View weekly totals with adjustments.
- Quick print & recalculate buttons.
- Timesheet locking facility.
Assign the Employee to a Department & Working Pattern
- Assign an employee to up to 5 reporting groups - these can be departments, sections, teams or any other group of employees you wish to report on.
- Assign each employee a working schedule and weekly rule (see below).
- Define up to 6 rate factors (multipliers or rates of pay) per employee.
- Define a gross hourly rate of pay.
Define Shift RulesOne daily rule is defined for each shift or working day, enabling the following settings to be defined.
- Define core start and finish times (to determine lateness and early out infringements).
- Define target hours and initial pay rate.
- Determine which day receives hours (useful for night shifts).
- Auto allocate facility enables the system to identify the best shift pattern to apply.
- Auto clock out facility (useful for drivers etc. who will not return to base to clock out).
- Determine pay rates according to the time of day (e.g. pay at a different rate for twilight hours and/or determine pre and post shift overtime).
- Define minimum amounts of time that must be worked before time is accrued within each time band.
- Determine pay rates according to the amount of time worked at each rate.
- Define grace periods and rounding rules for both in and out clockings.
- Define different rounding options depending upon the time of day.
- Define up to four break bands per shift.
- Define the period of time during which a break is permitted.
- Define the maximum break length allowed.
- Determine whether the break is paid or unpaid and the associated pay rate.
- Determine a penalty deduction if the employee does not clock out for the break.
Define Working Patterns & Weekly Overtime
- Plan your shifts according to a rolling pattern of between 1 and 56 days.
- Set-up alternative shifts that may apply for each day and allow the system to select the most appropriate shift for the employee based upon their clocking times.
- Determine contractual and non-contractual working days.
- Define weekly rules to calculate overtime on a weekly basis.
- Alternatively, calculate overtime daily (using the daily rules) and clawback overtime when insufficient time has been worked at lower rates.
Define Absences Reasons
- Define an unlimited amount of customised absence / edit reasons.
- Set the default hours (can subsequently be edited).
- Assign to an absence type for reporting purposes.
- Choose to add time to calculated totals or replace time worked (can subsequently be amended).
- View absences in calendar format.
- Display per individual.
- Show holiday taken and holiday booked.
- Print report and export to Excel.
- View availability in calendar format.
- Display per group.
- Select absence type to display.
- Print report and export to Excel.
Set-up User Access Rights
- Define an unlimited number of administrative users (only one permitted access at a time).
- Fully configure user privileges including which reports and groups they can view, which screens they can see, which data they can edit and which actions they can perform.
- Define passwords for security.
- Integrated help facility available from every page - taking you directly to the information you need.
- Find more information using the Search, Index and Contents facilities.
- Print out useful pages