Microsoft update causes Focus error
Many of our customers experienced problems using Focus following a Microsoft Windows update in early August.
The update affected Windows components that Focus uses and caused an “invalid procedure call” error.
The update also affected other applications that use the same components including MS Excel spreadsheets with VBA scripts and macros.
To our knowledge, the following updates were responsible:
- KB4512486, KB4512506 for Windows 7 an Windows Server 2008 R2
- KB4512488, KB4512489 for Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- KB4512497 for Windows 10 (1507)
- KB4512517 for Windows 10 (1607) and Windows Server 2016
- KB4512507 for Windows 10 (1703)
- KB4512516 for Windows 10 (1709)
- KB4512501 for Windows 10 (1803)
- KB4511553 for Windows 10 (1809) and Windows Server 2019
- KB4512508 for Windows 10 (1903) and Windows Server 1903
A new release of Focus was quickly developed to bypass the problem and we have been very, very busy helping to get our customers upgraded.
Microsoft have now released new patches to correct the problem. Here are links to the patches for some of the more popular Windows Operating Systems:
Server 2016 patch: https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/4512495/windows-10-update-kb4512495
Windows 10 1809 patch: https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/4512534/windows-10-update-kb4512534
Egress Systems would like to thank everyone for their patience during this time. We are very happy to see that back of this.